Following the presidential directive on the prevention measures for COVID-19, Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) put in place skeleton staff to maintain certification of coffee export during the lock down period.
Below are the procedures:
- Requests for contract registration should be made by submitting via email a copy of the buyer contract to: Market Intelligence and Information Officer, Ms. Lillian Asiimwe on email: email@example.com
- Requests for inspection and loading coffee should be made by submitting via email a filled pre-shipment form to the Quality Assurance Officer, Ms. Veronica Najjemba on email: firstname.lastname@example.org, the Quality Assurance Manager, Ms. Doreen Rweihangwe on email: email@example.com and to the Director, Quality and Regulatory Services, Mr. Edmund Kananura on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCDA officers will carry out preliminary analysis at the exporters’ laboratories (this only applies to those who have established laboratories, subject to equipment calibration verification using a reference sample by the UCDA officer). For companies without laboratories, samples will be analyzed at the UCDA laboratories at Lugogo.
- The UCDA offices on Jinja road and in Lugogo will be closed to visitors including exporters’ agents. Therefore, all required documents -Quality Certificates (QCs) and International Certificates of Origin (ICOs) will be delivered to the exporters by UCDA officers. Exporters are therefore expected to hand over the ICOs for the loaded containers and the tally sheets at the point of loading. Physical export certification documents for the loaded coffee will be effected on the same day while the single window clearance will be issued the following day.
- UCDA officers will inspect all FAQ deliveries and issue a grading certificate (FORM 5).
For the safety of all during this period, UCDA has guided its staff on the safety measures to adopt based on the directives from the Ministry of Health and World Health Organization. We urge all exporters to do the same.